Sunday, March 9, 2014

A Lunch to Satisfy

This is basically what I have been taking to the office most days. On days I am going to skate in the evening, I have been making my lunches and packed snacks fairly substantial, on the understanding that I need the energy and also that I shouldn't be eating heavy late at night when I get home anyway.

The wrap is a whole wheat tortilla (2pp), 2oz ham (3pp) a tbsp of lite mayo (1pp) and then shredded cabbage, cucumber and scallion for free fillers. I also have bagel thins which are 3pp and add some variation. Those chips are Special K brand and are very points light, I think that serving up there is 13 chips and comes out to 1pp - 14 chips is 2pp so I was an adult and did the 2pp. The string cheese is Vons brand Lucerne and is a 1pp piece of cheese and is actually tasty.

I will generally have another small snack between work and skating. I get to come home and relax for an hour before going out again, so I will eat a banana or if I have spare points, a cup of tea and a cookie or something small. It's a nice routine and it's working for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment